Registered Nurse - Mental Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band - $73,00 to $103,630 pa pro-rata and Kiwisaver
- Permanent, full and part-time roles
- Great Nursing professional development and exceptional MDT
- Retail and insurance discounts
Mō te tūranga - About the role
- Ward 6C is a 12 bed acute assessment and treatment unit for people aged over 65 years with an array of mental health (along with some physical health) needs
- Safe and supervised environment assessing patients needs while providing treatment during their admission
- Mornings - 7am to 3.30pm, afternoons - 2.30pm to 11pm, nights - 10.45pm to 7.15am
- Rosters are rotating and generated every four weeks and usually cover four weeks
Mōu ake - About you
- You will be a Registered Nurse with a current New Zealand Annual Practicing Certificate
- Have a Mental health scope of practice to allow for working within this sector - more information can be found at http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nurses/Scopes-of-practice
- You will be dynamic, with a strong knowledge base being essential to meeting the challenge of caring for older people in a mental health environment
- Previous mental health experience is highly regarded.
- We are seeking someone who is warm, empathetic, responsive and highly attuned to the emotions, needs and motivations of older people
Painga - Benefits
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership, discounted health insurance and a range of retail discounts
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. Southern offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau. https://www.dunedinnz.com/.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 5 October 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/.
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/9723/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.