Mental Health Assistant - Acute Mental Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary Band $53,000 - $68,000
- Permanent 1.0 FTE / 40 Hours per week
- Mental Health Assistant within inpatient services Ward 9b
- Looking to make an impact in mental health?
We are looking for a positive and confident Mental Health Assistant to support our team
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for a Mental Health Assistant to join our team who have an interest in acute mental health. Our Mental Health Assistants are key team members who assist our nursing and allied health staff to ensure an effective and efficient service. As an Assistant working in mental health you will need to have a positive attitude and good communication skills, be able to take direction and work well as part of the team and be able to undertake rostered shifts duties (Monday through to Sunday).
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal applicant will:
- hold a full driver's licence
- confident and physically able to provide support and assist consumers
- able to adapt to a changing environment
- computer literacy is essential
- experience working with people in the health sector is an advantage.
If you enjoy the idea of gaining valuable experience within the mental health sector and really making a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Mō mātou - About us
Wakari Hospital provides care within a range of different settings and environments. You'll join an expert multi-disciplinary clinical team of who provide input to consumers who require comprehensive assessment and/or treatment. The majority of consumers present with serious complex mental health and/or intellectual disabilities.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the expired PSA Collective Agreement and falls between step 1 ($53,024 p.a) and Step 5 ($68,274 p.a pro rata) of the MHA scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 14 September 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.