Drug and Alcohol Clinician/Mental Health Professional at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Drug and Alcohol Clinician/Mental Health Professional
Community Alcohol and Drug Service, Waitaki
- Permanent, full-time opportunity (1.0 FTE, 40h per week)
- Competitive salary and discounted health insurance
- Join a committed and collaborative team!
Mō te tūranga - About the role
- Manage your own small case load of clients on Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST) and AOD assessment and treatment in the Waitaki area
- Maintain regular contact with other DHB Health Services, and NGOs to ensure the best results, with a holistic wrap around approach
- Provide one-on-one assessment and counselling for clients with other substance use problems
- Facilitate evidence based/best practice intervention processes (including assessment, treatment planning, and intervention) according to your profession's scope of practice
- Active involvement in the local Community Mental Health team on-call crisis roster is required. This covers 24 hr, 7 days a week, and your involvement will proportionate to FTE Development towards becoming or maintaining Duly Authorised Officer for administering the Mental Health Act is required
Mōu ake - About you
- Demonstrated compassion and friendliness, backed up by a resilient mind-set
- Solid understanding of addiction issues and previous experience working with clients with co-existing problems (CEP)
- Registered Health Professional with previous experience in Mental Health, with current APC or DAPAANZ Registered
- An innovative thinker and team-player who uses initiative and embraces change
- Ideally two years' experience in mental and physical health assessment, with an interest in specialist addictions
It is desirable that you also hold relevant post-graduate qualifications.
A full and clean NZ driver's licence is essential.
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This salary for this position will be in accordance with the relevant salary scale for the successful applicant's occupation.
The following collective agreements may be applied based on the relevant occupation.
- DHBs/PSA Allied, Public Health, Scientific and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (expiring 30 June 2023)
- DHBs/APEX Psychologists Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (1 June 2021 - 31 May 2023)
- DHBs/PSA Mental Health and Public Health Nursing Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (1 October 2020 - 31 December 2022)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 8 October 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20615/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.