Enrolled Nurse at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Enrolled Nurse - Forensic Ward (9A)
Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
Salary band - $67,898 to $80,921 pa pro-rata and kiwi saver
- 0.8 FTE permanent position
- No long commute, no traffic jams, free onsite parking, it all starts here
- Based at Wakari Hospital, high on the hills above Dunedin
Ward 9A at Wakari Hospital is a 13-bed medium secure unit, it is the inpatient unit for Otago and Southland for those persons who are in the Justice system and require assessment, treatment and rehabilitation.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
- Deliver a range of therapeutic services and programmes
- Craft relationships by linking people with families/ whanau and support persons and reintegration into the wider community
- Apply yourself in a secure environment predominantly with patients referred from the courts and/or prison setting for assessment and/or treatment
- Increasingly we provide a rehabilitative role in assisting patients with complex needs to reintegrate into the community
- Collaborate with and alongside a dynamic and committed multidisciplinary team
- Maintain links with family and friends whose ongoing support and input are often of vital importance to the provision of care
- Rostered and rotating shifts Monday to Sunday
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal applicant will:
- be registered as an Enrolled Nurse with NCNZ (Enrolled Nurse Scope of Practice, NCNZ, 2010) and have a current Practicing Certificate
- be confident in providing support and assisting patients in psychological and physical ways
- be patient focussed at all times and be able to adapt to a changing and at times challenging environment
- have previous experience in mental health is an advantage.
If this sounds like the change you are looking for enquire further.
Painga - Benefits
- Training and support will be provided to those who are new to mental health
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote, and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
If you're not from Dunedin then perhaps you don't know just how good we have it here. With excellent amenities, schooling - primary through to Otago University, recreation, great food and wine, outstanding nature, and an amazing variety of climates and locations from coastal to mountain. Some people call it the ends of the earth, but we think it's 'the last best place', so at the top of our list of reasons to join us at Southern DHB is 'the lifestyle' - dunedinnz.com/
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($67,898 p.a) and Step 5 ($80,921 p.a pro-rata) of the EN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 21 December.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.