Medical Imaging Technologist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
$57,565 - $81,338 per annum pro rata
- 0.7 FTE - 0.9 FTE (28 - 32hrs per week) fixed-term opportunity until December 2024
- Rare opportunity to join a tight-knit team!
Mō te tūranga - About the role
An exciting opportunity awaits for a qualified and experienced Medical Imaging Technologist (MIT) to join our team at Lakes District Hospital on a fixed-term basis.
This role is based in General X-Ray, and you will be required to conduct Diagnostic Medical Imaging examinations in a safe and professional manner. You will be required to liaise with staff and patients within the Hospital and wider Southern DHB so good communication skills are essential. You will need to have a focus on quality and professionalism and be able to work unsupervised.
Mōu ake - About you
It goes without saying that you will be a strong problem-solver and have great interpersonal skills.
In order to be considered for this position, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Be a qualified Medical Imaging Technologist and be registered with the New Zealand Medical Imaging Technologist Board
- Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Commitment to the ideals of research, evaluation methods, and evidence-based best practice and procedures
- Sound knowledge of I.T systems and applications
- Highly adaptable, flexible, and open to change, even in intense situations
- CT trained (desirable but not necessary)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote, and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the APEX/DHBs Medical Imaging Technologists Collective Agreement (1 November 2019 - 31 August 2022) and falls between Step 1 ($57,565 p.a) and Step 7 ($81,338 p.a pro rata) of the Medical Imaging Technologists scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 8 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Do not delay; make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.