Mental Health Assistant - Intellectual Disability Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
Salary $53,204 - $68,274 p.a prorata plus Kiwisaver
- 1.0 FTE / 40 hours per week
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts from our retail partners
Mō te tūranga - About the role
The Intellectual Disability Service (IDS) is part of the Specialist Mental Health Services based at Wakari Hospital, high above Dunedin with stunning views of the city and ocean.
Ward 10a is a medium secure 8 bed inpatient service for Intellectually Disabled clients, aged 17 to 65 years, whom are subject to the criminal justice system via the Intellectual Disability Compulsory Care and Rehabilitation Act 2003.
Mōu ake - About you
As a Mental Health Assistant you'll need to have a positive attitude and good communication skills, be able to take direction and work well as part of the team.
Applicants should also note that a full driver's licence is a requirement for this position.
Our ideal applicant will:
- be confident in providing support and assisting patients
- display initiative
- be patient focussed at all times
- be able to adapt to a changing environment
- have computer literacy.
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/PSA Collective Agreement and falls between Step 1 ($53,024 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 5 ($68,274) p.a. pro-rata of the Mental Health Assistant Scale.
Closing date: Sunday, 19 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.