Medical Secretary and Booking Clerk - Neurosurgery at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity
Salary $71,932 - $74,951 pro rata
Are you looking for a new challenge? We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced administrator to join our friendly Neurosurgery service and wider Specialist Surgical team based at Dunedin Hospital as a Medical Secretary.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
In this role you will effectively contribute to the smooth running of the Neurosurgical Surgery Service by providing efficient and timely administration support that is responsive and flexible to the changing needs of the service.
This role is in a fast-paced service and includes setting up and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems and procedures, identify potential improvements to systems and processes to ensure the continuous improvement of administrative duties. You will need to be an organised person who is good with the public and able to problem solve.
Mōu ake - About you
We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people and tasks, often at the same time! Your background will be in varied administration positions that demonstrate your ability to provide high quality administration services within a busy office setting.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have a strong customer focus
- maintain an exceptionally high level of confidentiality
- be a touch typist with a typing speed of 70 wpm
- have excellent attention to detail and typing accuracy
- have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively work with people at all levels of the organisation
- be flexible and able to prioritise your own workload.
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of the PSA South Island Clerical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and the salary will be in accordance with the National Health Administration Workers Pay Scale, Band 5B Between $71,932 - $74,951 pro rata dependant on relevant experience.
Closing date: Friday, 1 December 2023.
Due to the fast paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern? If so, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor at Mikayla.Hamilton@southerndhb.govt.nz . All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.