Registered Nurse - Southern Rivers Community Mental Health - Balclutha at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Southern Rivers Community Mental Health
Salary band - $79,304 to $103,630 pro-rata per annum + Kiwisaver
- Permanent, part-time roles (various FTE available)
- Affordable housing / great life work balance / short commutes - what more could you want?
- Excellent MDT with great professional development
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We have a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Mental Health), experienced in working with patients with serious mental illness in a community setting. Within this position you will be responsible for case management, assessing, maintaining and managing clinical risk, triage and crisis work.
While this position is based in Balclutha, the Southern Rivers team works across the Clutha District, including the Gore District.
Mōu ake - About you
To be successful in this role you will have:
- community and / or recent acute inpatient experience
- the ability to meet the demands of a busy workload to a high standard
- have previously demonstrated a commitment to best practice standards and your model of practice will be inclusive of the seven Real Skills ofLet's get real (www.tepou.co.nz).
- hold a strong sense of 'self', a positive 'can do' attitude and a commitment to working cohesively in a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
You will also be required to take part in an after-hours on-call roster (rota frequency is based on FTE) and undertake training to qualify as a Duly Authorised Officer under the Mental Health Act.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Community Mental Health Team in a rural setting that offers an excellent work/life balance and access to the great outdoors. Affordable housing available in Balclutha must attract if you are looking to relocate.
You should be a New Zealand Registered Nurse, with current APC and hold a full NZ driver's licence.
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern region offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 2 ($79,304 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($103,630) p.a. pro-rata of the Registered Nurse Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Wednesday, 20 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website:https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via ourinternal careers site, found here:Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/13146/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.