Registered Nurse / Care Manager at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band: Step 1 ($73,566 pro-rata) and Step 7 ($103,630 pro-rata)
- Permanent part-time position (36 hours per week)
- Competitive salary, paid overtime and carpark
Mō te tūranga - About the role
The Forensic Intellectual Disability Service IDS provides care and rehabilitation for consumers under the Intellectual Disability (Compulsory Care and Rehabilitation) Act 2003. (IDCC&R Act). The Community Liaison Team (CLT) provides assessment, therapeutic interventions, clinical advice, and recommendations for IDCC&R Act 2003 Care Recipients and NGO providers. The CLT supports care recipients transitioning from hospital-level secure care to community providers contracted under the High and Complex Funding Framework.
As well as community work, the role also requires the successful candidate to act in a statutory role as Care Manager IDCC&R Act 2003 for the inpatient forensic ID service. The role of the Care Manager is to fulfill the functions and duties as set out in section 141 of the IDCC&R Act, including working with the Care Recipient to develop a Care and Rehabilitation Plan that reflects the support needs of the Care Recipient.
The registered nurse will have expert knowledge and judgment to assess health needs, provide care, and to advise and support people to manage their health and rehabilitation.
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in forensic settings
- Knowledge and experience working with consumers with Intellectual Disability
- Hold a current practising certificate
- Experience with Intellectual Disability consumer group is preferred
Have experience or very sound knowledge of forensic legislation in New Zealand, including Criminal Procedure (Mentally Impaired Persons) Act 2003 and IDCC&R Act 2003.
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Affordable housing - you can still achieve your lifestyle dreams
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote, and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Scale Step 1 ($73,566 pro-rata) and Step 7 ($103,630 pro-rata)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Wednesday, 20 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, Mikayla.email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.