Registered Nurse Fixed-term at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mental Health - Clinical Rehab - Ward 11
Salary band - $73,566 to $103,630 p.a pro-rata and KiwiSaver
- Part-time 0.8 FTE 32 hours a week
- Fixed term 6-18 months
- Great Nursing professional development and exceptional MDT and opportunity to make a difference
Combine your nursing passion and the need to make a difference in the lives of our clients by joining our incredible team in Ward 11.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Ward 11 rehabilitation/transition mental health unit is an 11-bed rehabilitation ward that supports people who are working on their mental health recovery journey. Rehabilitation/sub-acute setting, for adults who have a long-term mental illness and co-existing problems.
Ward 11 is entering a period of change that will see patients transition out of the service and will close the ward. To support our service requirements in the short term, positions are available on a fixed-term basis for a period of between 6 and 18 months, however the exact dates are unable to be specified at the outset, due to the nature of change we are entering.
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Registration with the Nursing Council of NZ and a current APC with a scope that allows you to practice in Mental Health
- Exceptional communication skills with a non-judgmental manner along with a positive attitude
- Additional clinical skills in the areas of physical health and addictions could be a significant advantage
- Experience working within an adult Mental Health environment
- All employees of Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern working with in Mental Health and Addiction Services are expected to demonstrate a commitment to 'The Seven Real Skills' (Te Pou Workforce Development, see www.tepou.co.nz/letsgetreal).
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui -Salary range
This role belongs to the NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the Step 1 ($73,566 p.a) and Step 7 ($103,630 p.a) prorata of the Registered Nurse scale
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 14 March 2024.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.