Psychiatry Registrar (immediate commencement) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Dunedin and Wakari Hospitals
Salary band $109,045 - $113,500, Kiwisaver and Carpark (Wakari)
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Interested in training in Psychiatry, or training to become a GP or a Rural Hospital Medical Specialist and would like some Psychiatry experience
Mō te tūranga - About the role
You'll be part of a team of dedicated and experienced Consultants, Registrars, House Officers, and Nursing and Allied Health professionals working across a range of runs, including the following:
- Emergency Psychiatry Services
- Youth Specialty Services
- Early Intervention Service
- Specialist Addiction Services
- Forensic Psychiatry including inpatient.
- Consult Liaison
- Mental Health for Older People (inpatient and Consult Liaison)
- Intellectual Disability
- General Adult Community Services
- General Adult wards
- Child and Family
- Ashburn Clinic
Please note that while we do not offer a designated Rural run, a number of the above runs do provide Rural experience.
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have:
- registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- a minimum of 2 years post qualification and possess a strong interest in Psychiatry.
It is requirement of the NZ Medical Council that your qualifications are approved through EPIC. If you have a commitment to working in New Zealand, it is highly recommended that you start this process as soon as possible to allow your subsequent registration to be undertaken in a timely fashion. For more information, please visit MCNZ website re EPIC Credentialing.
Painga - Benefits
- Free meals when on duty
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to range of retail discounts
- Free parking at Wakari Hospital
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association and 20 DHB Multi Employer Collective 17 May 2021 - 31 March 2024 (NZRDA MECA) and Specialty Trainees of New Zealand and 20 District Health Boards Multi Employer Collective Agreement 14 December 2021 - 13 December 2023 (the STONZ MECA) and the salary will fall between $109,045 - $113,500 dependant on relevant experience.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: 22 February 2024
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.