Maternity Quality and Safety Programme (MQSP) Coordinator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Otago and Southland
- District-wide opportunity
- Permanent position, full-time or part-time FTE negotiable to suit your needs
- Hours of work - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to help shape our service provision with a district-wide focus as a Maternity Quality and Safety Programme (MQSP) Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Midwifery, this role will see you interfacing with Maternity teams across the district to monitor and improve the provision of safe, high-quality maternity care to Southern families. The key purpose of this role is to lead the maternity clinical quality and safety programme and ensure meaningful liaison with stakeholder groups.
This is a District role, so will require travel across the District regularly, you can be based in either Invercargill or Dunedin.
Mōu ake - About you
To enable your success in this role you will also:
- be a Registered Midwife and hold a current NZ annual practicing certificate
- be experienced with Project Management; Quality Improvement Systems; Audit; Research
- have a good understanding of and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and the importance of reducing inequalities in health outcomes
- be a respected professional with the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with LMCs, primary, secondary and tertiary maternity providers and maternity stakeholder groups in both community and hospital settings
- have confidence with te ao Māori, tikanga, and te reo Māori or a commitment to starting your journey and taking ownership of your learning and growth.
You will also require a full, clean driver's licence to be able to successfully carry out this role as travel will be required across the region on a regular basis.
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Find out more about our variety of benefits and discounts here Benefits of joining us - Southern Health - He hauora, he kuru pounamu
Mō mātou - About us
Southern Midwifery supports a very diverse maternity community spread across the region, providing care to whanau in urban, rural and remote areas of the Southern region. To achieve our maternity and broader population health goals we work in partnership with Iwi, primary care and community providers, rural trust hospitals and education and research partners across the district.
Find out more about midwifery at Te Whatu Ora Southern here Midwifery - Southern Health - He hauora, he kuru pounamu!
Now is a great time to relocate to family-friendly Southern if you are considering a move! The Southern District offers excellent amenities, first-class early childhood through to tertiary education and the opportunity to have an outstanding work-life balance. Whether it is surfing or skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live music or art - there's literally something for everyone. The stunning Catlins, Fiordland and Central Otago regions are within driving distance, offering beautiful scenery and plenty of recreational opportunities whatever your passion. Check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of the expired DHBs / MERAS Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and the salary will be in accordance with the Midwifery Pay Equity Settlement Agreement, Senior Midwives Salary Scale, Grade 4, $108,785 - $120,199 p.a pro rata.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Thursday, 29 February 2024.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Hannah Friedrich, Recruitment Advisor, all conversations will be confidential in nature Hannah.email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.