Pharmacist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary $76,442 - $100,466 pro-rata and Kiwisaver
- Full-time, fixed-term 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week) opportunity for 12 months
- Supportive team environment
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in New Zealand
We are seeking a highly motivated pharmacist to join our friendly team in Dunedin Hospital on a fixed-term, full-time basis.
Our southern region serves a population of over 320,000 people, with hospitals in the two main centres servicing the district. Dunedin and Wakari Hospital have approximately 450 beds, and Southland Hospital in Invercargill has 180 beds.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
The Dunedin Hospital Pharmacy service provides a full clinical and operational service to Dunedin Hospital, and we have a full Aseptic Production Unit. We provide a wide range of clinical services encompassing both generalist and specialist skills and are looking for someone to provide a service where their skills allow (be it in the dispensary, or clinically).
Mōu ake - About you
You will have the ability to work and contribute as part of a team, have excellent time management skills, be a great communicator in verbal and in written language, and have very high standards of ethical and professional practice. A mature approach is essential as is having the ability to adapt to an ever-changing health environment.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Hospital experience is preferred so you can hit the ground running
- Registered as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand under the provisions of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003
- The right to work in New Zealand
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the APEX Pharmacy Workers Collective agreement and falls between the Step 2 ($76,442 p.a) and Step 7 ($100,466 p.a pro-rata)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 8 March 2024
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact James Boyd, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.