Qualmark Specialist at Tourism New Zealand, Remote
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Remote role - Based in either Hawkes Bay or Taupo
- Focused on Accommodation sector
Qualmark is New Zealand tourism's official quality assurance organisation and is 100% owned by Tourism New Zealand. When a business displays the Qualmark symbol you can be assured that it has met stringent quality and sustainable business standards.
What will you be doing | Ngā whainga
Due to changes within our Qualmark team we have created a permanent opportunity within our team of Qualmark Specialists. This role is based remotely in either Hawkes Bay or Taupo and will be supported by a central team who are based in Auckland.
As the tourism expert your key focus will be to provide members with a clear assessment of their business using Qualmark's sustainable tourism business evaluation criteria and to develop action plans for each business to ensure they continue to deliver high quality experiences. You will play an important role in businesses becoming more sustainable from a people, environmental and operational perspective.
The role ensures there is timely, efficient and accurate execution of Qualmark assessments with Qualmark members from the accommodation sector which include but not limited to Bed & Breakfasts, Hotels, Motels and Holiday Parks.
What you will need | Ngā pūkenga mō tēnei tūranga
- Experience in quality assurance and quality assessment
- Good written communication and report writing skills
- Strong customer centric and relationship management approach
- Experience in engaging with business owners and a strong commitment to supporting the industry to deliver quality experiences
- Experience using CRM systems and high level of proficiency in Word & Excel
- Experience in the tourism sector preferably in accommodation
- Excellent knowledge of operational procedures and business management within the sector
- Ability to identify opportunities for business improvements
- Experience in safety management and assessments
- A full driver's licence and the ability to travel domestically as you'll be travelling to some of New Zealand's most amazing locations.
Sound like you | Māu rānei
At Qualmark we are a collaborative team who are deeply connected and care for each other and New Zealand. We work together with our global whanau to deliver extraordinary work. Become part of a fun, global team which has shared goals of enriching Aotearoa NZ, industry and manuhiri.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Please send us your CV and Cover Letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted on-line through the Tourism New Zealand careers website.
Come join us | Hono mai ki a mātou
Applications close: Sunday 11th June
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tourism New Zealand|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.