Senior Bail Support Officer at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Southland (Murihiku)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- An exciting leadership opportunity to make a positive difference!
- A new service giving you the opportunity to empower and support people in their justice journey
- Full-time permanent opportunity available. Located in Invercargill
Kōtahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi |There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of people.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
As the Senior Bail Support Officer, you are regarded as a leader working in the Bail Support Service team. To complement this; you will have good cultural awareness for the varying demographics we work with here at Ara Poutama Aotearoa. You'll manage a caseload, with an emphasis on supporting the BSO's in your district and building a high performing team.
He kōrero mōu | About you
You'll be called on to assist and provide advice with assessments and the provision of advice to courts as required. Working with internal and external partners to support and role model good practice and provide ‘in the moment' advice to peers and team members.
Additionally, you will assist the Lead Bail Support Officers with quality management activity and plays a lead role in supporting the implementation of new or changed practice and procedures relating to Bail Support Services.
We would like to hear from you if demonstrate:
- A commitment and understanding of our strategy Hõkai Rangi and our obligations regarding Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A good understanding of Bail Support Services and the expectation's required of its implementation in this role
- Proven competency and experience working with people in our care and management
- Knowledge and experience in identifying, empowering, and supporting people to achieve their goals relating to their needs
- Demonstrated effective skills in leadership and able to lead a team
- Professional credibility and integrity
- A very good understanding of motivational interviewing, and advanced communication skills
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The full range (85%-120%) is $74 370 - $84 802. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications for this role will close: Sunday the 12th of February (11pm NZST)
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Bail Support Services - Senior Bail Support Officer - JD.docx (Word, 357KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.