Registered Nurse at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Looking for a lifestyle change?
- Experienced theatre nurses required
- Permanent opportunities available, 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
Sick of sitting in that traffic jam? Fed up of the long commute and want to get some time back? Come and join us in one of New Zealand's most scenic locations and get more time doing the things you love - you really can have it all!
We are looking for experienced theatre nurses with a 'can do', positive attitude to join our Perioperative Service in our operating theatres based in Southland Hospital. Our passionate team is focused on patient centred care, and take great pride in improving the health and well-being of our community, so this passion resonates with you then read on for more details about your perfect opportunity!
Our service presents a busy environment, one that is navigated on a daily basis through a team based model of care, so it is essential you have a kind nature and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing clinical situations. Recent Perioperative nursing experience and sound clinical skills are essential in ensuring the patient journey is a smooth one. You'll have access to ongoing professional development and given the wide geographical area the hospital covers, there will be many opportunities for variety in your work which lends itself to both your professional and personal development.
The hours of work are Monday to Sunday, rostered shifts of eight or ten hours in duration. You will also be required to participate in an on-call roster.You will need to be registered in accordance with the Health Practitioner Competency Act 2003 as a New Zealand Registered Nurse and hold a current Practising Certificate.
To be successful in this role we are looking for nurses with the following:
- A minimum of two years post registration practice experience in theatre nursing. Ideally this will include experience in the New Zealand health system
- New Zealand registration
- Current eligibility to live and work in New Zealand
- A nurse who can evidence adherence to best practice perioperative standards
- A nurse who can demonstrate the SDHB values of Kind (Manaakitanga), Open(Pono), Positive(Whaiwhakaaro)and Community(Whanaungatanga)
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing, theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing date: Tuesday, 30 November 2021.
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor - Surgical Services and Radiology Directorate phone: (03) 470 9571 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous public service departments and statutory Crown entities only
- COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS - Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. If you have already been fully vaccinated you will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff. If you are not yet fully vaccinated you must make arrangements to undertake your first vaccination no later than 30 October 2021 and be fully vaccinated, as required by the Order, by 1 December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.