Registered Nurse - Children's Ward at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Various hours available
About the department
Our Children's Ward is a colourful, vibrant, fast-paced and varied, but a fun place to work. We strive for excellence in all that we do, taking pride in the care we provide for our patients and their families/whanau when they often find themselves in testing and stressful times.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse looking to join our energetic and hard-working team based in Southland Hospital, the secondary hospital for Southern DHB based in Invercargill. This sort of opportunity doesn't come along every day and if you're looking for a fun, fulfilling and hugely rewarding career move, it's one not to be missed.
We're looking for that special someone who with two years or greater post grad experience, ideally within child health, this area of practice isn't essential what is, is your genuine interest in working with children and families.
You will also have the following:
- A current New Zealand Registration and APC
- Experience in a paediatric setting with prior involvement in child and family health working at a minimum level of Competent on the Professional Development and Recognition Program (PDRP) profile /portfolio or equivalent.
- Excellent assessment skills
- A passion and focus for working with families/whanau with compassion and kindness
- An exceptional team player
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with children and team members alike
Closing date: Tuesday, 17 May 2022.
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Hollie Bingham, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site with your DHB sign-in details.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/Registered-Nurse-Children's-Ward/775038110/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.