Community Occupational Therapist at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed-term, part-time (32 hours per week), until 26/05/2023
- Free parking, subsidised gym membership and retail discounts!
- Limitless potential for career advancement and growth!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Community Occupational Therapist to join our Southland team on a fixed-term basis until 26/05/2023.
About the opportunity
Working within a collaborative and high performing team, Southern DHB offers a varied and rewarding role as a Community Occupational Therapist. Our Community Occupational Therapists work within our interprofessional team to provide the highest quality of care to patients and whanau. You will spend your clinical time with patients in the community or in their homes ensuring their safety and independence for longer.
We offer supervision and opportunities for ongoing professional development. Teaching and supervision of Occupational Therapist students, and participation in their continuing professional development is an expectation of this role. We are looking for a resourceful and resilient person with excellent time management skills to prioritise and manage a busy case load.
This role ideally requires an experienced Occupational Therapist who is an accredited Enable assessor, working towards credentialing for complex housing modifications and wheeled mobility and postural management (levels one and two).
In order to be successful in this position, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Experienced in facilitating and prescribing complex adaptive equipment or environmental adaptations, provision of wheelchairs and or seating requirements for patients
- Advanced comprehensive clinical assessment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within the inter professional team
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with health professionals, both within the in-patient services and in the community setting
- Hold a full clean driver licence, be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand, and hold a current annual practising certificate
Recent experience of working with the older adults in acute, rehabilitation or community settings is also advantageous.
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone.
Closing date: Sunday, 22 May 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Emily Atkinson, Recruitment Advisor - Planning, Funding and Population/Public Health Directorate, phone (03) 470 9176 or email: email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/15764/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.