Occupational Therapist - Home and REACH Teams at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, part-time (0.5 FTE), 20 hours per week
- Free on-site parking, subsidised gym, and retail discounts!
- Ongoing upskilling and career progression opportunities!
About the role
We are on the lookout for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join and support our two community-integrated teams.
The first being the REACH team, whose focus is on providing intensive Community Rehabilitation to people within their own home to help restore people back to independence. The second being the Home team, whose main focus is hospital avoidance for clients and supported discharge across a range of settings including the community, Emergency Department and the in-patient wards.
A reliable and self-motivated health professional, you will be experienced in providing community-based or acute care. It goes without saying, that you will be an excellent problem-solver who consistently provides top-level support to patients and whanau.
To be successful in this position, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Be an exceptional communicator with great interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust and relationships with a diverse range of people
- Be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ) and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Demonstrate the ability to be an active and effective member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong verbal and written skills, with a proven ability to write reports and recommendations
- Hold a current and clean, full New Zealand driver's licence
You will also be required to participate in the rotating roster and weekend service.
If you are looking for variation in your workload and to work in a supportive team, apply today!
Invercargill gives you everything you'd want from a city hospital, with a modern work environment, interesting work, and a range of specialties, but there's a small hospital with collegial feel to it. You'll be on first-name terms with all the staff, including the doctors. Invercargill is a lovely city for families, with affordable housing and excellent education and adventure opportunities. Surrounded by beautiful scenery many of New Zealand's major tourist destinations, (ski fields, national parks, vineyards) and hidden treasures are on Southland's doorstep. Life is easy without a major commute. And you'll get free onsite parking.
Closing date: Sunday 17 July 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Emily Atkinson, Recruitment Advisor - Planning, Funding and Population/Public Health Directorate, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (03) 470 9176
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/16162/SOUT05342
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.