Mental Health Professional at Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin), Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Competitive salary, plus Kiwisaver, and discounted health insurance
- Permanent position available, 40 hours per week!
- Competitive salary + discounted health insurance + affordable housing
- Join a fantastic team passionate about getting real results
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Provide clinical care and treatment for patients referred to the service (inpatient and/or outpatient)
- Work with a broad-based generic caseload, providing assessment and intervention
- Use your experience in the provision of psychotherapy to assist children and adolescents (and their families), with mental health difficulties
- Be part of a passionate multi-disciplinary team, focused on excellent service delivery and results
Mōu ake - About you:
- You will be a registered health professional with a current annual practicing certificate
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with a range of people of all ages and backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure, with the ability to make effective decisions in high pressure situations
- Great team-player who works well in a cohesive environment
- Previous experience in the mental health space. Preference for experience with children and adolescent, but this is not essential
Painga - Benefits:
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
- Continuous support for career development
- Discounted health insurance and access to Physiotherapy Staff Access Scheme
- Free parking less than two minutes from the office!
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This salary for this position will be in accordance with the relevant salary scale for the successful applicant's occupation.
The following collective agreements may be applied based on the relevant occupation:
- DHBs/PSA Allied, Public Health, Scientific and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (expiring 30 June 2023)
- DHBs/APEX Psychologists Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (1 June 2021 - 31 May 2023)
- DHBs/NZNO Nursing and Midwifery Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (2 August 2020 - 31 October 2022)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 14 August 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Emily Atkinson, Recruitment Advisor, (03) 470 9176, email@example.com
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/2182/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Southern District Health Board (Invercargill/Dunedin)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.