Registered Nurse Transition Lounge at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band $64,000 - $80,000 p.a. pro-rata plus Kiwisaver plus car park.
- Child friendly hours - Monday to Friday
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Permanent position - 0.6 FTE
- Competitive salary, paid overtime and carpark
Working in the Discharge Lounge for Medical and Surgical Wards, you will be responsible for progressing patients through to transferring home that day.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse looking to join our busy, hard-working teams based in the Medical and Surgical Wards at Southland Hospital. You will be working with the teams to enable patient flow from ED to the Wards and assist patients that have confirmed discharge that day to continue their ongoing care and have a planned safe discharge to home.
Mōu ake - About you
We're looking for a registered nurse with some post grad experience, You will also have the following:
- A current New Zealand Registration and APC
- Excellent assessment skills
- IV certification
- Strong communication skills and the ability to quickly develop a rapport with patients and their whanau/family
- Awareness of referral systems available to ensure safe discharge to home/community
Painga - Benefits:
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the step 2 ($64,291 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($83,186 p.a. pro-rata)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Tuesday, 31 January 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid-19 vaccination - New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a Covid-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20756/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.