Registrar - Emergency Department - Commencing January 2024 at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band $103,007 - $204,800 plus Kiwisaver plus Carpark
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Fantastic training opportunities including 12 months ACEM accreditation for advanced training
- Close to some of New Zealand most famous national parks and ski fields
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- You will be part of a close-knit team of nine FACEMs, eight Registrars, a MOSS, and seven House Officers managing over 39,000 patients annually (21% Paediatrics)
- Full case-mix including a relatively high level of major trauma.
- All major specialties are on site
- ACEM Paediatric logbook accreditation
- Dedicated 6m Anaesthetics term available to ED trainees
- ACEM Part I and II exam preparation programmes with high pass rate (2/2 Fellowship 2019)
- EM Diploma and Certificate supervision (five Certificate graduates past three years)
- 4 hours per week protected teaching time, consultant led. All registrars
- 15 hours per day of direct FACEM on-floor supervision
- Rotations to accredited specialty inpatient units available Paediatrics includes neonatal unit
- More hands-on experience - your patient, your procedure
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- A minimum of three years post qualification experience, including at least six months ED experience
It is requirement of the NZ Medical Council that your qualifications are approved through EPIC. If you have a commitment to working in New Zealand, it is highly recommended that you start this process as soon as possible to allow your subsequent registration to be undertaken in a timely fashion. For more information, please visit MCNZ website re EPIC Credentialing.
Painga - Benefits:
- Free meals when on duty
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to range of retail discounts
- Access to staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago
- Free parking when on duty
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role is covered by the terms and conditions of New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association & 20 DHB Multi Employer Collective 17 May 2021 - 31 March 2024 (NZRDA MECA) and Specialty Trainees of New Zealand and 20 District Health Boards Multi Employer Collective Agreement 14 December 2021 - 13 December 2023 (the STONZ MECA) and the salary will fall between $103,007 - $204,800 dependant on relevant experience.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 9 June 2023.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Covid-19 vaccination
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.