Clinical Team Coordinator- Nursing Resource Unit at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary Band – $92,000 - $102,000 p.a. pro-rata + Kiwisaver + car park
- Permanent positions (variable FTE up to 1.0 available)
- Competitive salary + paid overtime + Carpark
We are seeking an expression of interest from experienced registered nurses interested in joining the Clinical Coordinator team. These roles cover all three shifts, seven days a week covering mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends. We have some flexibility in FTE for these roles. Please indicate your preferred FTE in your cover letter.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
Clinical Team Coordinator nurses play a pivotal role in supporting staff in the use of the Early Warning System (EWS) with mandatory escalation pathways. CTC nurses provide clinical support by assisting the ward nursing staff initiate and implementing appropriate escalation of care. The CTC nurse also attends 777/Code Blue medical emergencies. There is also potential to transition to our new Patient at Risk (PAR) led initiative. Support and training will be provided if required.
If you would like to join this team then apply today.
Mōu ake | About you
The role of the CTC nurse is an exciting opportunity for a senior Registered Nurse who has the following qualities:
- Positive ‘can do' attitude
- Holds Level 4 or Senior Nurse PDRP or working towards this
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to support ward staff to recognise and manage their deteriorating patients
- Use expert clinical judgement along with mandatory escalation pathways
- Advances learning and contemporary knowledge in either Acute Care, HDU, ED or ICU nursing
Although working autonomously on a shift-by-shift basis, you will be part of a team that strives to empower, support and guide ward nurses to manage their acutely unwell and deteriorating patients.
Painga | Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes – only 10-15 minutes' drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou | About us
Sick of long commutes to work? - Southland Hospital is located within a 10 - 15 minute drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on site for staff. Our hospital is a modern, secondary level 4 base hospital offering an innovative and progressive working environment. Small and intimate enough to get to know not only your colleagues, but your patients in particular. Here you will enjoy a clinically challenging and rewarding job combined with a relaxed and satisfying lifestyle
Now is a great time to re-locate to Southland if you were considering the move. Southland offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's the outdoors - kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; or theatre, live-music or art or shopping and dining out – there's literally something for everyone. Check out Discover Invercargill for what we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui | Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Grade 1 Step 1 ($95,576 p.a. pro-rata) and Grade 1 Step 3 ($106,016 p.a. pro-rata) of the Senior Nurse Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu | Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to COVID-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job-invite/20362/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.