Registered Nurse - Neonatal Unit (Fixed Term) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Registered Nurse – Neonatal Unit (NICU)
Salary Band – $76,000 - $95,000 p.a. pro-rata + Kiwisaver + car park
- Fixed term to November 2024
- Part time 0.5FTE position
- Competitive salary + paid overtime + Carpark
Mō te tūranga | About the role
The role is based in our specialised Neonatal Unit at Southland Hospital. It is important that you have a great patient and family/whanau focus, compassion and understanding of the needs of patients and their families /whanau within the Neonatal Unit. If this sounds like you, and you would like to join our very friendly and welcoming team then we would be pleased to receive your application. This is a fixed term position to cover a period of parental leave.
Mōu ake | About you
It takes a special person to care for vulnerable babies and their families/whanau during stressful times. Our ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse with previous experience in a neonatal setting, prior involvement with child and family health or recent relevant experience in an acute setting. You will bring excellent assessment skills, and a passion and focus for working with families/whanau. You will be an exceptional team player who has strong communication skills and the ability to be flexible and work a roster on a rotating basis.
You will also have:
- 2 years or greater post grad experience
- Experience in a child health setting with prior involvement in child and family health working at a minimum level of Competent on the Professional Development & Recognition Program (PDRP) profile /portfolio or equivalent (preferred).
- A passion and focus for working with children and families/whanau with compassion and kindness.
- An exceptional team player
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with children and team members alike.
Painga | Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes – only 10-15 minutes' drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou | About us
Sick of long commutes to work? - Southland Hospital is located within a 10 - 15 minute drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on site for staff. Our hospital is a modern, secondary level 4 base hospital offering an innovative and progressive working environment. Small and intimate enough to get to know not only your colleagues, but your patients in particular. Here you will enjoy a clinically challenging and rewarding job combined with a relaxed and satisfying lifestyle.
Now is a great time to re-locate to Southland if you were considering the move. Southland offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's the outdoors - kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; or theatre, live-music or art or shopping and dining out – there's literally something for everyone. Check out Discover Invercargill for what we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui | Salary range
This role belongs to the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 3 ($76,554 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($95,340) p.a. pro-rata of the Registered Nurse Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu |Closing Date: 27 August 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to COVID-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.
To Apply: We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.