Registered Nurse - Southland Mental Health Emergency Team (SMHET) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band - $79,304 to $103,630 pa pro-rata, Kiwisaver and car park
- Permanent position
- Full-time hours
- Dynamic and varied roles
Our Southland Mental Health Emergency Team provides mental health assessment and brief follow-up across the Southland region 24/7.
Mōu ake - About you
We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our team in a permanent full-time role. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys variety in their work and likes a challenge.
Since this service operates 24/7 you are required to be flexible in your approach and willing to work in a variety of settings.
Following the initial assessment Southland Mental Health Emergency Team offers brief follow-up treatment as well as onward referral to appropriate services.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have previous clinical experience
- have knowledge in acute mental health assessment and treatment
- have a full, clean driver's licence
- be a Duly Authorised Officer or interested in becoming one
- be a Registered Nurse with a current practicing certificate that allows you to practice in Mental Health.
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is a great time to relocate to family-friendly Southern if you are considering a move! The Southern District offers excellent amenities, first-class early childhood through to tertiary education, and the opportunity to have an outstanding work-life balance. Whether it is surfing or skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live music, or art - there's literally something for everyone. The stunning Catlins, Fiordland, and Central Otago regions are within driving distance, offering beautiful scenery and plenty of recreational opportunities whatever your passion. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the Te Whatu Ora/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 2 ($79,304 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($103,630) p.a. pro-rata of the Registered Nurse Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Wednesday, 20 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.