Registered Nurse - Perioperative Day Surgery - Fixed-term at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band - $79,000 - $103,600 p.a. pro-rata, Kiwisaver and carpark
- Fixed-term position to June 2024
- 1.0 FTE - 40 hours per week
- Competitive salary and paid overtime
Are you a confident nurse with great people skills? Our Day Surgery Ward at Southland Hospital is looking for a superstar nurse to keep the flow of patients moving through the ward efficiently.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
You'll find yourself part of a friendly and professional team working in a modern hospital with first-rate facilities. We take great pride in our sense of community down South, and you will see this in the tight-knit family feel amongst the staff. Invercargill itself is a modern city offering easy access to many outstanding leisure pursuits. This is a fixed-term position to cover a period of parental leave by the incumbent team member.
Our service presents a busy environment, one that is navigated daily through a team-based model of care, so it is essential you have a kind nature and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing clinical situations. While this role is primarily based in the day surgery ward, you should apply with the understanding that you may be required to assist elsewhere in the Perioperative service as and when needed.
The work in this area is varied and interesting and you will have many opportunities to develop professionally.Capability development is a high priority for us - there is ample opportunity for professional development. Further, learning opportunities present themselves every day, proactive and engaged learners wanting to take full advantage of the opportunities in the environment will have ample opportunity to enhance their repertoire of skills. Our team are dedicated, professional and on hand to provide you with mentorship and support.
Mōu ake - About you
We're looking for someone who is experienced and organised, friendly and calm, able to work independently, and at the same time genuinely interested in the best outcome for both the patient and team. You will bring excellent assessment skills and a passion and focus for working with families/whanau to provide a high standard of care. You will be an exceptional team player who has strong communication skills and the ability to be flexible with work shifts.
You will also have the following:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand- this is a fixed-term position and will not support a Visa application
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution-focused
- Previous Perioperative nursing experience is essential
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes - only 10-15 minutes drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Sick of long commutes to work? - Southland Hospital is located within a 10 - 15 minute drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on-site for staff. Our hospital is a modern, secondary level 4 base hospital offering an innovative and progressive working environment. Small and intimate enough to get to know not only your colleagues but your patients in particular. Here you will enjoy a clinically challenging and rewarding job combined with a relaxed and satisfying lifestyle.
Now is a great time to relocate to Southland if you were considering the move. Southland offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first-class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's the outdoors - kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; or theatre, live music or art or shopping and dining out - there's literally something for everyone. Check out Discover Invercargill for what we can offer you and your whanau.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the Te Whatu Ora/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 2 ($79,304 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($103,630 p.a. pro-rata) of the Registered Nurse Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 1 December 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Diane Wilson, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern|
|Position type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.