New Graduate Clinical Dietitian at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Southland Hospital, Invercargill
Salary - Step 3, $82,045 p.a. pro rata. and Kiwisaver
- Full-time (1 FTE, 40 hours per week), permanent opportunity
- Exciting opportunity in a supportive environment
- Kickstart your career in Dietetics!
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding start to your career in Dietetics? Join our dynamic team at Southland Hospital, providing secondary level care, and immerse yourself in a diverse range of clinical experiences.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are currently seeking a new graduate clinical dietitian to join our team and contribute to our commitment to improving, promoting, and protecting the health of our community.
- Provide dietetic services in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Gain exposure to diverse clinical areas, including diabetes, paediatrics, enteral, and parenteral nutrition
- Collaborate with experienced dietitians for supervision and clinical guidance
- Work as part of an inter-professional team to deliver high-quality patient care
Mōu ake - About you
We are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, and self-directed individuals who are eager to expand their knowledge and skills.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be registered or eligible for registration with the New Zealand Dietitians Board
- be eligible for a prescribing endorsement
- be proactive and able to think critically
- be a team player with active listening skills.
A current annual practising certificate is required before the successful candidate can legally practice. If you are not currently registered with the New Zealand Dietitians Board, state when you completed your training and your estimated registration date. International candidates must prove they are eligible for registration with the New Zealand Dietitians Board.
Painga - Benefits
Joining our team comes with a range of benefits, including the following:
- Opportunities to work with a wide variety of patient groups
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Free on-site parking
- Regular Allied Health Social activities, including 'The Amazing Race', Annual Easter Egg Hunt, and Quiz Night
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance.
- Continuous support for career development
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail discounts
Find out more about our variety of benefits and discounts here Benefits of joining us - Southern Health - He hauora, he kuru pounamu
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern region offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there's literally something for everyone. Now to the city itself, Invercargill offers the opportunity to have the lifestyle you've always dreamed of. Boasting excellent education and restaurants, competitive costs of living and a beautiful coastline, life can be as relaxed or as energetic as you want. Our team enjoy the short commute to work, leaving ample time for what matters to you most. Add to this the close proximity to some of New Zealand's most famous scenery and holiday destinations (think Queenstown, Wanaka and Milford Sounds to name but a few!) you can go from seaside to ski-slopes in a matter of hours. Sounds too good to be true? Rest assured, you can have it all here. Why not come see for yourself! Check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the DHBs PSA Allied Public Health + Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and the salary will be in accordance with the Allied, Scientific and Technical Pay Equity Settlement Agreement, New Clinical/Degree qualified core salary scale Step 3, $82,045 p.a. pro rata.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Hannah Friedrich, Recruitment Advisor, all conversations will be confidential in nature Hannah.email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.