Registered Nurse - Children's Ward at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band - $83,999 - $103,600 p.a. pro-rata, KiwiSaver and carpark
- Permanent position 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
- Competitive salary, paid overtime and carpark
- A rare opportunity to join our Children's ward team
Our Children's Ward is a colourful, vibrant, fast-paced and varied, fun place to work. We take pride in the care we provide for our patients and their families/whanau when they often find themselves in stressful times.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse looking to join our energetic and hard-working team based in Southland Hospital. We can offer some flexibility with hours so please talk to us about what meets your needs. Our friendly team is committed to providing an extensive orientation programme to the successful candidate to ensure they settle in as quickly as possible.
This opportunity doesn't come along every day and if you're looking for a fun, fulfilling and hugely rewarding career move, apply now.
Mōu ake - About you
We're looking for that special someone who with two or more years post-grad experience, ideally within child health. This area of practice isn't essential what is, is your genuine interest in working with children and families.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A current New Zealand Registration and APC
- Previous experience in a paediatric setting with prior involvement in child and family health working at a minimum level of Competent on the Professional Development and Recognition Program (PDRP) profile /portfolio or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Excellent assessment skills
- A passion and focus for working with families/whanau with compassion and kindness
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with children and team members alike
Painga - Benefits
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Short work commutes - only 10-15 minutes' drive to work from anywhere in the city
- Access to discounted staff holiday accommodation in Te Anau and Central Otago
- Access to a range of retail and entertainment discounts
- Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider
- Affordable housing and beautiful scenery
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Join Te Whatu Ora and Te Aka Whai Ora as we embark on a historic collaboration to transform healthcare for all whānau across Aotearoa, New Zealand. Together, we're passionate about creating a modern, integrated health system that honours the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and prioritises health equity for Māori, whānau, and every community. Be part of this journey and contribute to a brighter, healthier future for all generations to come.
Sick of long commutes to work? - Southland Hospital is located within a 10 - 15 minute drive from anywhere in Invercargill and offers free car parking on-site for staff. Our hospital is a modern, secondary level 4 base hospital offering an innovative and progressive working environment. Small and intimate enough to get to know not only your colleagues, but your patients in particular. Here you will enjoy a clinically challenging and rewarding job combined with a relaxed and satisfying lifestyle.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the Te Whatu Ora/NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between Step 3 ($83,999 p.a. pro-rata) and Step 7 ($103,630 p.a. pro-rata) of the Registered Nurse Salary Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Wednesday, 6 March 2024.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Southern
|Permanent Part time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.