Administration Officer - New Plymouth at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you have the enthusiasm, dedication and the skills to become an Administration Officer within Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)? This could be just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are currently looking for a full-time, permanent Administration Officer, to join our team in Ngāmotu/ New Plymouth.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
This is an opportunity to be part of a great organisation where you will support the Community Corrections team. This role will involve working with our Probation Officers and district leadership team, as well as communicating directly with people in our care who are serving community sentences.
Other key responsibilities involve a wide range of administrative services including:
- Reception and phone duties are a key component of this role, this will include liaising with people in our care, their whanau and other stakeholders
- Provide administration support across our site by setting up meeting invites, taking minutes, and recording actions, communicating with external stakeholders and filing
- Liaising with organisations and services we work with
- Purchasing materials
- Record management and ensuring correspondence, reports and other documentation meet Department timelines and standards
In this busy role you will enjoy working collaboratively as one team in a challenging and fast paced environment, be able to multitask, remain adaptable, follow and adhere to policies and procedures, and have sound judgement in prioritising tasks and activities to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position, you will be working Monday to Friday, for 40 hours a week.
Skills & Experience | Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Manaaki and respect for all that we deal with on a day-to-day basis
- Good experience and knowledge of office administration
- Resilience when dealing with difficult situations in changing environments and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- The ability to organise effectively, be adaptable, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills will be required to participate in Reception and Phone rosters as required
- The ability to be a strong team player who can work collaboratively across a dynamic team of administrators.
- The ability to work with a wide range of people, from all walks of life, while maintaining a friendly and non-judgemental attitude
- A high level of integrity and the ability to maintain privacy while working with sensitive and personal information
- Good knowledge of computer software and database systems including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), with the ability to learn new systems quickly
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for and can hit the ground running, then we would love to hear from you!
You will need a full New Zealand Driver Licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid-point of the salary range is $49,348 and the full range (85%-120%) is $ 46,429 - $55,203. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Our preferred candidate will share our values and be committed to our Hōkai Rangi strategy. Knowledge of Te Ao Māori, or a willingness to learn, is essential to ensure the delivery of the most appropriate services for those who come through our doors.
It would be encouraged that you view our Hokai Rangi Strategy to support your understanding of what we are as an Organisation and what our goals and visions are to apply this within your application.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Administration Officer job description - Service Centre.pdf (PDF, 35KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.