Customer Experience Manager at NZ WorkSafe, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Develop and lead a new function which will support a range of leaders and mahi across WorkSafe
- A senior leadership role contributing to the direction and design of Customer Experience capability and how Customer Experience thinking can be applied to the overall performance of WorkSafe as a Health & Safety regulator
- You will be a lynchpin for the organisation, leading a team who ensures our work is integrated and cohesive by the time it reaches our audiences
- Responsible for developing and leading strategies, capability build and systems to ensure all communication and engagement work is informed by insight and research so activity resonates and lands as intended
- Be part of a leadership group with a primary focus on supporting, mentoring and growing our considerable emerging talent across communication, engagement, marketing, and digital disciplines
- We are an organisation committed to making a difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of workers, whānau and communities
- Flexible working by default and leadership that is committed to creating mentally healthy work
- Permanent role based at WorkSafe's Wellington Office (some domestic travel may be required)
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement.
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
About the team
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are uniquely placed to create behaviour change, make connections, create context, bring clarity and inspire through storytelling. To do this well requires a deep understanding of our organisation, our vision and our work programmes. We also have a critical role to play in supporting the wider organisation through our transformation journey. We need to support, integrate and clearly communicate the work taking place throughout WorkSafe to ensure it lands successfully with our people and external audiences, partners and stakeholders. We're evolving the Marketing, Communication and Customer Experience function at WorkSafe to help realise our ambition.
About the group
This team sits within the External Strategy and Engagement Group which connects the Government's overarching Health and Safety at Work Strategy to workers, businesses, whānau and communities. Our group brings an innovative approach to the design and delivery of harm prevention initiatives – with relationships at the core of this work. We work in partnership with other agencies and organisations alongside other WorkSafe teams to ensure everyone in New Zealand is coming home healthy and safe.
About the role
- As the Customer Experience Manager, you will lead a team of seven to design, develop and lead a new function, establishing what this means for WorkSafe and how best practise can be applied to reach desired outcomes
- You will have considerable breadth and scope to build and grow capability within your team and define how Customer Experience thinking is integrated and leveraged within the External Strategy and Engagement Group and wider organisation
- Bring cutting edge Customer Experience thinking to programmes, projects and interventions across WorkSafe to ensure we are providing a connected, integrated one-WorkSafe view
- The role will require significant influence, thought leadership and education across the business to support the delivery of user-first, insight-led approaches to meet behaviour change objectives delivered across online and offline channels, devices, and touchpoints
- You will work closely with the Voice of Customer Lead and function leaders across the Channels and Insights and Brand and Identity teams to ensure WorkSafe's marketing and communications activity resonates with audiences and lands as intended
- Through value-based leadership you will role model and embed cultural change that continues to bring our new values and way of working in this function to life
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced senior manager with significant experience leading the development and delivery of large programmes of work, applying customer insight to communication and engagement approaches
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategic work programmes for Customer Experience that balance the interests of WorkSafe, customers and stakeholders
- Have experience in developing business cases or projects and understand how to successfully develop plans from discovery through to evaluation
- Have experience developing and implementing feedback loops to drive change
- Have up-to-date knowledge of key customer experience research, methodologies and trends
- Ideally have current experience in a senior Customer Experience, Engagment or Communications position
- Be able to identify and manage reputational/communication risk before it becomes an issue
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to equitable outcomes and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||PD - Customer Experience Manager.pdf (PDF, 132KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.