Senior Advisor, Customer Experience, Māori at NZ WorkSafe, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor, Customer Experience, Māori
- Bring your knowledge of in Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori to the work of the Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience team
- Be the dedicated voice at the table ensuring the work of the team meets the needs of Māori workers, businesses, whānau, marae, hapū and iwi.
- Unique opportunity to build and manage strategic relationships across communication, marketing and customer experience activities with government agencies and key stakeholder groups
- Be part of an organisation committed to making a difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of Māori workers, businesses, whānau and communities
- Flexible working by default and leadership that is committed to creating mentally healthy work
- Permanent role based at any WorkSafe Office (Regular travel to Wellington required)
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
About the team
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are uniquely placed to create behaviour change, make connections, create context, bring clarity and inspire through storytelling. To do this well requires a deep understanding of our organisation, our vision and our work programmes. We also have a critical role to play in supporting the wider organisation through our transformation journey. We need to support, integrate and clearly communicate the work taking place throughout WorkSafe to ensure it lands successfully with our people and external audiences, partners and stakeholders. We're evolving the Marketing, Communication and Customer Experience function at WorkSafe to help realise our ambition.
About the group
This team sits within the External Strategy and Engagement Group which connects the Government's overarching Health and Safety at Work Strategy to workers, businesses, whānau and communities. Our group brings an innovative approach to the design and delivery of harm prevention initiatives – with relationships at the core of this work. We work in partnership with other agencies and organisations alongside other WorkSafe teams to ensure everyone in New Zealand is coming home healthy and safe.
About the role
- The Senior Advisor, Customer Experience, Māori is a critical role in the Customer Experience team, responsible for supporting the team to tell our stories in a way that resonates within te ao Māori, providing insight and culturally appropriate advice on use of te reo Māori and Māori visual design elements, alongside communication strategies and messaging aligned to the preferences of our Māori workers, businesses whānau and communities.
- You will have the opportunity to cultivate engagement and relationships with key stakeholders including iwi communication representatives and other key agencies' communication teams
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working collaboratively with a range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with tangata whenua, whānau, marae, hapū and iwi
- Be able to design communication and engagement plans that work for a wide range of Māori audiences
- Proven ability to work across an organisation, building and maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to think strategically with a focus on problem solving and innovation
- Have a willingness to embrace change and role model to others how to think and behave in a flexible way
It is ideal if you have:
- Fluency in Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||PD - Senior Advisor, Customer Experience, Maori.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
PD - Senior Advisor, Customer Experience, Maori.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.