Senior Recruitment Advisor at NZ WorkSafe, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Play a key role in the development of our sourcing strategy and approach
- Lead significant projects, including our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion approach
- Central Wellington location, flexible work environment including WFH
Senior Recruitment Advisor
About the role
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, has an ambition to have a workforce that is representative of Aotearoa. In this newly created role, you will have an opportunity to support leaders to attract diverse talent into WorkSafe, as well as drive significant projects that will enhance the maturity of the recruitment team.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about looking at trends and emerging ideas in recruitment, overlaying our WorkSafe environment, and developing insights and actions to support the delivery of our organisational strategy.
In return, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and build the capability of the organisation. You'll get the satisfaction of making an impact, not just on Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa as an organisation, but through that, an impact across all of New Zealand.
The salary band for this position is $84,884 - $113,178
- Support the development of a sourcing strategy for Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
- Ensure Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa's recruitment policies and practices reflect our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and support us to grow, retain and develop the capacity and capability of our Māori workforce
- Lead significant projects that will lift the capability of the organisation and promote best practice recruitment
- Provide clear guidance to hiring managers to help them effectively navigate the recruitment process and work through recruitment related challenges
- Partner with hiring managers to develop creative solutions to manage ‘hard-to-fill' vacancies
- Engage with specialist recruitment agencies for support when required
- Respond to candidate inquires and provide back up support to the wider team
Skills & Experience
- Experience in developing and delivering recruitment strategies and tactics to meet organisational needs
- Ability to research and lead thinking on recruitment and selection practice
- Very strong networking and relationship management skills
- Experience in recruiting across a range of roles from senior executive to technical specialist to administrative professional roles
- You are likely to have a strong professional background, with at least 3 years' experience as a specialist recruiter
- Previous experience working in government and using the Springboard recruitment system is desirable
About Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. If you are interested and would like to be considered, please apply as soon as possible.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||PD - Senior Recruitment Advisor .pdf (PDF, 113KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.