Media Advisor at NZ WorkSafe, All Office Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role
Reporting to the Team Lead Media, the Media Advisor sits within a small but dynamic team working to help articulate WorkSafe's purpose to the general public. You will be responsible with assisting to improve the Agency's reputation and have the ability to grow and expand across all of government communications.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Working with the Senior Media Advisor to identify proactive media opportunities
- Providing rapid responses to reactive media requests
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders
- Delivering media engagement activity using best practice tools and approaches
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant communications degree and/or journalism or work experience to an equivalent level
- Exceptional communication skills including accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and understanding ability to write for different audiences
- A willingness to embrace change and role model to others how to think and behave in a flexible way
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Pacific Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement
WorkSafe's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy is under review. Currently all employees are required to be vaccinated and new employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 29th May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||All Office Locations|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||PD - Media Advisor - Apr 2022.pdf (PDF, 126KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.