Data Scientist at NZ WorkSafe, All Office Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Develop predictive, prescriptive and data mining models
- Find meaning and patterns in data
- Great benefits including discounts on health insurance and eye care
- Permanent role, based in Wellington Central
- Salary between $84,000 - $113,000
If you enjoy being part of a fun team where a manager's style is the “door is always open”, then this is a work whanau you will want to join.
About the role
Our Regulatory Intelligence team is looking for a Data Scientist to play a key role in providing Intelligence, Insights and Knowledge to the organisation. This is a hands-on role as the team look to grow and embed the use of advanced analytics and AI across WorkSafe New Zealand.
In this role you will be designing and developing various computer science, statistics and mathematical models to achieve predictive solutions, data mining solutions, probability and risk assessment models, machine and deep learning solutions. You will work with staff across internal and external business groups to increase business understanding and perspective in order to capture the underlying business climate and develop solutions that meet organisational goals.
The successful applicant will have:
- Expertise and experience in advanced statistical modelling and modern data visualisation methods and technologies
- Expertise and experience in statistics/mathematics/computer science (desired)
- Able to work with a multitude of data sources using open source and in-house toolsets
- Experience building or adopting platforms and tools to enable the business users to consume advanced analytical models seamlessly
- Programming language skills including SQL/SAS, R/Python/Java/Scala (an advantage).
- Exposure to data engineering, software engineering, Big Data Analytics is an advantage
The team is friendly, motivated and works hard to support the organisation. Your lifelong learning attitude and development further into a data science career will be encouraged and supported by on-the-job training and professional development opportunities (including attendance at relevant conferences/courses).
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Pacific Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement
WorkSafe's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy is under review. Currently all employees are required to be vaccinated and new employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 23th May 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||All Office Locations|
|Attachment:||PD - Data Scientist.docx (Word, 109KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.