Support Officer at NZ WorkSafe, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Become part of a supportive team within a positive working environment.
- Permanent position – based in Christchurch.
- Free life, trauma and income protection insurances plus discounted health insurance and eyecare.
- Starting salary range $58,890 - $63,470.
If you are a self-starter, with strong administrative skills who has the ability to work independently or part of a team this could be the role for you.
About the role
Our Christchurch office has approximately 70 staff and they are looking for an experienced administrator to join their team. The person who is successful in this role could be referred to as our “Jack of all Trades” customer service professional. This is a shared services role, and one minute you could be using your tech savvy skills in setting up a reporting template, the next you could be greeting our visitors or taking a general phone call.
Our office is growing and forever changing, and we need someone who can grow with us. You'll be comfortable with change and willing to be flexible in your approach to work.
As a Support Officer you will be involved in providing administrative support, implementing process improvements, reporting, and project-based activities. You will also maintain wider administration support relationships with other offices/networks. This is a dynamic environment where you can expect busy, diverse and interesting days in the office, with operational staff coming and going daily from across the Southern Region and from national based teams.
In this role, you will be:
- Providing assistance and administrative support to the local Managers and teams based in the office
- Undertaking reporting functions for your allocated office groups
- Maintaining your allocated groups records management systems
- Organising travel and accommodation, course bookings and supporting local workshop needs
- Supporting office facilities management needs
- Focusing on implementing process improvements throughout your office
To be successful, you will bring:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Advanced MS Excel skills, comfortable with using data and case management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work effectively and efficiently to deliver required results
- Ideally administration experience in the public sector and a regulatory environment
- Good level of numeracy and basic analytical and reporting skills
- Have a collaborative, practical, solutions and service focus approach to your work and team
- Basic understanding of health and safety legislation
- Sound knowledge of, and ability to apply, administrative policies and processes
The full position description is available from the advert on our careers centre: WorkSafe New Zealand
As part of our remuneration framework the full salary range for the position is from $58,890 to $78,520, and our expected starting base salary for the right person is from $58,890 to $63,470. Note: KiwiSaver/SSRSS employer contribution is additional to/on top of your base salary.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Free life, trauma and income protection insurances
- Discounts on health insurance and eye care
- Four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave
- 15 days sick leave
- $400 contribution towards setting up your home workstation, and
- Learning and professional development opportunities
We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network (we're also Rainbow Tick accredited), Māori Network, WorkSafe Pacific Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination policy
WorkSafe strongly encourages and supports all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, however our current policy position is that vaccination is not a requirement for employment. Please note that WorkSafe may, if needed, reintroduce a vaccination requirement, or other approaches for managing a significant outbreak.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 5th October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Attachment:||PD Support Officer - Christchurch 15.9.22.pdf (PDF, 143KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.