Senior Content Advisor at NZ WorkSafe, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role
As our recently established Behaviour Change team continue their transformation journey, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Content Advisor to join the team.
This is a newly established role which will give you the opportunity to mould how it works going forward. You will get the opportunity to work on exciting pieces of work, including the overarching content strategy, to achieve WorkSafe's vision of every New Zealander returning home from work healthy and safe.
This is a fast-paced environment where you can expect busy, diverse, and meaningful work. We're looking for someone who is adaptable, agile, comfortable working with ambiguity and ready to put the mahi in to make a real difference for all New Zealanders.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Writing, developing and producing storytelling content. This will include contributing to the overall content strategy and specific content strategies for smaller projects
- Ensuring WorkSafe's communication and engagement content is up to-date, relevant, and appropriate for the channels and audiences
- Providing advice and supporting channel experts and business leaders on customer-focussed content to ensure it addresses the needs of the customer
- Mentoring other team members across the Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience team to build internal capability
To be successful, you will bring:
- A minimum of five years' experience working in an agency, communications and/or marketing function
- Proven experience working at a strategic level in an organisation
- Strong copywriting skills
- Exceptional listening and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Passion for the work with a natural curiosity and drive to create positive change for our audiences
- An ability to work as part of a team but you will be equally comfortable working autonomously
- Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori, or an interest in developing in this area
The full position description is available from the advert on our careers centre: WorkSafe New Zealand
As part of our remuneration framework the full salary range for the position is from $102,460 to $136,613, and our expected starting base salary for the right person is from $113,844 to $119,536. Note: KiwiSaver/SSRSS employer contribution is additional to/on top of your base salary.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Free life, trauma and income protection insurances
- Discounts on health insurance and eye care
- Four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave
- 15 days sick leave
- $400 contribution towards setting up your home workstation, and
- Learning and professional development opportunities
We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network (we're also Rainbow Tick accredited), Māori Network, WorkSafe Pacific Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination policy
WorkSafe strongly encourages and supports all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, however our current policy position is that vaccination is not a requirement for employment. Please note that WorkSafe may, if needed, reintroduce a vaccination requirement, or other approaches for managing a significant outbreak.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 9 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||PD - Senior Content Advisor - Sept 2022.pdf (PDF, 148KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.