Principal Advisor to GM Operations - 4-month secondment at NZ WorkSafe, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Provide strategic advice to GM Operations
- Active member of Operations Senior Leadership Team
- Interagency secondment or fixed term opportunity to end of March 2023
As Principal Advisor you will provide strategic advice to the GM Operations and ensure alignment of operational plans and strategies across the Operations Group. You will do this by:
- creating and maintaining key relationships within operations and across WorkSafe
- providing the GM Operations with strategic advice on operational plans, change initiatives or transformation projects
- managing complex and sensitive correspondence, reporting and communications from the GM Operations
- Coordinating, overseeing and aligning operational plans and strategies to ensure these are aligned to the WorkSafe Strategy
This is a senior leadership role and you will be an active member of the Operations Senior Leadership Team (OSLT), providing collective leadership and input to key initiatives and projects as agreed by the OSLT.
Key skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in providing strategic advice and support to a senior executive role
- Ability to quickly and credibly build and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and simply communicate complex issues and concepts
This opportunity can be performed as an interagency secondment or fixed term opportunity until end of March 2023. The full position description is available from the advert on our careers centre: WorkSafe New Zealand
As part of our remuneration framework the full salary range for the position is from $119,774 to $159,698 pro rata. Note: KiwiSaver/SSRSS employer contribution is additional to/on top of your base salary.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network (we're also Rainbow Tick accredited), Māori Network, WorkSafe Pacific Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination policy
WorkSafe strongly encourages and supports all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, however our current policy position is that vaccination is not a requirement for employment. Please note that WorkSafe may, if needed, reintroduce a vaccination requirement, or other approaches for managing a significant outbreak.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
To apply click the apply link, complete the application form and include your CV and a cover letter. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Tuesday 29th November 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Attachment:||PD - Principal Advisor to GM Operations.pdf (PDF, 110KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.