Programme Administrator - Hamilton at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you have the enthusiasm, dedication and the skills to become an Administrator within Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)?
This could be just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are looking for a Programme Administrator to join the Programme Delivery team based at our ‘Hamilton Hub' site in Hamilton central.
Our staff come from different backgrounds, cultures, education and experience – and together their purpose is to motivate people in our care to make positive changes in their lives, to help make our communities safer.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be an integral part of a dedicated team providing a range of administrative support to Programme Facilitators and Principal Facilitators to support the effective set up and delivery of Departmental programmes in the Central Region.
In this busy and varied role, you will be responsible for tasks such as but not limited to:
- Accurately loading and updating information around programmes
- Filing of completed programmes
- Placing resource SRM orders and goods receipting
- Asset equipment and facilities maintenance
- Extracting and collating of information from data bases and putting systems in place
- Taking minutes and preparing report packages for meetings
- Co-ordination and organisation of meetings and travel bookings
- Health, safety and well being representation
- Reception duties when required to support the smooth running of programmes
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You will have superior work and time management skills as well as:
- Knowledge of administrative systems, processes and technology combined with experience in providing administrative support to a team
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A personable yet professional communication style – both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Can-do attitude with a high level of initiative and discretion
- Able to work as part of a team
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Have an understanding of tikanga Maori and can adapt to working in this space to align with the Departments Hokai Rangi Strategy
The salary range for this role is $46,429 - $55,203 and progression is dependent of required competency levels. The work profile for this position is Monday to Friday, working a 40hr week.
Please note you will also need a full New Zealand driver licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for then apply now to become part of our team!
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (Hōkai Rangi Strategy 2019 - 2024).
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) by the closing date of Wednesday 22 September 2021 (11pm NZST) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Programme Administrator job description.pdf (PDF, 74KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.