Administration Support Officer - Central Regional Office at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- Working Monday to Friday
- Central Hamilton location
Do you have the enthusiasm, dedication and the skills to become an Administration Support Officer within Ara Poutama Aotearoa, Department of Corrections?
This could be just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are currently looking for a full-time, permanent Administration Support Officer, to join our small but dedicated team at our Central Regional Office in Hamilton.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
This is a great opportunity to kick start your career by joining an organisation that makes a real difference to your community.
In this busy role you will enjoy working collaboratively as one team in a challenging and fast paced environment. Your day-to-day role will see you proactively providing a range of administrative services, including:
- Frontline reception duties, such as answering phones, taking messages, and supporting visitors to the site
- Purchasing materials and stocktaking
- Ordering catering and booking travel
- Managing shared inboxes
- Electronic Filing of documentation
- Maintenance of shared office spaces
- Providing additional administrative support to the team and regional office
- Cross training of all office administrative functions
This is a full-time position, you will be working Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm for 40 hours a week.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of computer software and database systems including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), with the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Experience and knowledge of office administration would be an advantage
- The ability to organise effectively, be adaptable, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- The ability to develop, foster and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
If you have a genuine interest in our kaupapa and if you are motivated to support others in a team environment, then we want to hear from you!
You will need a full New Zealand Driver Licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The starting salary for this role is $45,518 and the midpoint of the salary range is $48,380. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Kano ārai mate KOWHEORI-19 | COVID-19 vaccinations
As part of our COVID-19 response, all people working at Ara Poutama Aotearoa are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access our workplaces. This is to ensure we continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe from the impacts of COVID-19, now and into the future.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter by the closing date of Wednesday the 18th of May 2022 (11pm NZST) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Administration Support Officer - Job description.pdf (PDF, 36KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.