Administration Support Officer - Tongariro at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Three-month fixed term opportunity
- Full-time position, working 40 hours a week
- Located at Tongariro Prison
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
We are looking for a full-time, fixed term Administration Support Officer here at Tongariro Prison. You will be an integral part of a small but dedicated team that provides support in our Receiving Office.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
This role is primarily responsible for overseeing the accurate collation, collection and recording of all property received or sent out. Computer literacy and good attention to detail is paramount in this role as you will be entering a lot of data into the Departments computer database!
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent work ethic including strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Sound working knowledge of MS Word/Excel and Outlook, with excellent written and verbal language skills
- Good physical health as heavy lifting is required
- Great face-to-face people skills i.e. your ability to interact confidently and professionally with people in our prison, and staff, from a diverse range of cultures is essential
- Understanding of our work environment and the safety protocols required
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, follow instructions and having the courage to ask relevant questions
- Team, solution and compliance focused
- Ability to process data quickly with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
If you believe you have these skills and can hit the ground running, we would love to hear from you!
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary range for this role is $45,518 - $54,120 per annum, and appointment for the successful candidate will be based on skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications close Tuesday the 9th of August at 11.00pm.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachment:||Administration Support Officer - Job description.pdf (PDF, 36KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.