Senior Project Coordinator - Hikitia at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
“Mehemea ka tae mai he manuhiri ki mua ki tou aroaro,
mihingia, whāngaihia, manākihia kia ōti ai tona noho.”
When a visitor should arrive before you, welcome them, accommodate them,
host them with your utmost consideration before they depart.
Hikitia – “To lift up and support, raise up, carry in one's arms, and take away the troubles that overwhelm a person”
Ngā kawenga | About the role
The Hikitia Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for providing high quality project coordination of the Hikitia Implementation team. The role will be required to write regular reporting on the progress of the Implementation phase, other documentation and administration to support the Implementation Manager and the team to operationalise Hikitia.
The Hikitia Senior Project Coordinator will be grounded in Te Ao Māori and will support the team to ensure the service delivers on the vision, mission, purpose, relationships, principles, and service approach as described in the Mana Whenua Ahi Kā - Foundation Document. To enable tāne to achieve oranga, the leadership within Hikitia must embody the Mana Whenua - Ahi Kā principles.
The role accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish relationships with partners, across the department (regionally and nationally) and with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate behaviours in alignment with the Mana Whenua – Ahi Kā values, tikanga and kawa and seek support and guidance to ensure these are upheld.
- Contribute to the Implementation phase, scope definition, and control purposes.
- Coordinate and maintain Implementation plans and timelines which define project scale standards, milestones, budget constraints, risks, and risk mitigation strategies; meetings, activities, communication, and gathering project actuals pertaining to costs and hours from a supervision and co-ordination perspective.
- Provide the initial point of contact for issues and resolution, escalating issues as necessary.
- Coordinate work across partners, Ara Poutama, and key stakeholders to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Communicate, monitor, and evaluate project schedules
This role is a 3 year fixed-term role, that can be based in Hamtilton, Rotorua and/or Taupo. However the successful applicant will need to work from Waikeria Prison a minimum 2 days a week.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The knowledge, skills and experience required to undertake this role successfully include:
- Understands and is committed to operational design and delivery of the Mana Whenua Ahi Kā – Model of Care.
- Good understanding in te reo Māori me onā tikanga, te ao Māori and Mātauranga Māori.
- Excellent relationship skills with a strong ability to influence positively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and manage stakeholder relationships, and to foster teamwork and co-operation across teams.
- Excellent writing skills with the proven ability to articulate complex issues in pragmatic and user-friendly documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills which are clear, concise, and logical.
- Soundtrack record of project coordination experience.
- Proven experience coordinating projects within the public sector and involving vendor relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain highly effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid-point of the salary range is $69,215 and the full range (85%-120%) is $57,398 - $81,032. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Hikitia, the mental health and addiction service for tāne in Waikeria and Tongariro Prisons, and Spring Hill Corrections Facility will be the first of its kind in Aotearoa. Hikitia is a key enabler of Ara Poutama Aotearoa's Hōkai Rangi strategy and, as well as providing services to tāne in the Central Region, will include a 100-bed purpose-built residential facility (Te Wai o Pure) at Waikeria Prison in the Waikato.
Hikitia was developed in partnership through a co-design process with Mana Whenua – Ahi Kā and Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Waikato (formerly Waikato DHB). This included the development of the Mana Whenua – Ahi Kā Foundation Document and a comprehensive Implementation Plan.
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us. It reflects our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience, along with supporting evidence about why you believe you meet the key competency/leadership areas relevant to this role. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications Close: Friday 10th February 2023.
It is an exciting time to join us, and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
For more information on this exciting role please call Tania Kuiti on 027 225 4166 or email email@example.com
He aha te kai ō te rangatira? He Kōrero, he kōrero, he kōrero
What is the food of the leader? It is knowledge. It is communication
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachment:||Hikitia Implementation - Senior Project Coordinator.pdf (PDF, 362KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.