Recruitment Coordinator - Waikeria at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
“Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te Tangata”.
“There is only one purpose to our work; the wellness and wellbeing of the person”.
Ara Poutama, Aotearoa's nation-wide strategy Hōkai Rangi, expresses our organisation's intention to transform the way we operate to ensure that the people in our care, and their whānau, are supported to reduce recidivism and improve the humanising and healing aspects of the work we do. Within the recruitment team we continually look to improve our processes to ensure our candidates have every opportunity to demonstrate their suitability to work at Ara Poutama Aotearoa. Your understanding of Te Ao Māori will be adventageous as we align our model and way of working to Ara Poutama, Aotearoa's values – Manaaki, Rangatira, Whānau, Kaitiaki, Wairua.
Ara Poutama Aotearoa are building new facilities at Waikeria Prison including Hikitia a mental health and addiction service (MHAS), designed to address the needs of ngā tāne in our care. This service is being designed, implemented, and governed in partnership with mana whenua ahi kā (Maniapoto ki te Raki and Raukawa ki Wharepuhunga) and the Te Whatu Ora (formally Waikato District Health Board).
Ngā kawenga | About the role
In this role you will:
- Apply a Te Ao Māori worldview to all areas of recruitment;
- Provide administrative support to Recruitment Advisers during the recruitment process including candidate screening and care, administration and updating of Applicant Tracking System (Springboard), assessment centre support and pre-employment checking;
- Coordinate the recruitment process ensuring candidates understand the processes required and acknowledging applications;
- Manage the interview process including planning and scheduling interviews and coordination of the interview panel and candidates
- Provide advice and support to hiring mangers as the key stakeholders in the recruitment process whilst incorporating a Te Ao Māori perspective; and,
- Actively promote Ara Poutama Aotearoa careers at community events and with external partners.
He kōrero mōu | About you
As a Recruitment Coordinator you will work closely with the Recruitment Team, Waikeria Prison Development, Operation Readiness Team, Hikitia Project, Mana Whenua, Te Whatu Ora (formally Waikato District Health Board) and the leadership team to assist in providing high quality support on all aspects of the recruitment process with a specific focus on the care of candidates as they journey from application to hire. This includes advertising, assessing candidate eligibility, sending out psychometric testing, completing pre-employment checks, organising interviews, coordinating and facilitating assessment centres.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess an understanding of tikanga Māori and use of Te Reo in the workplace;
- Be experienced in providing efficient and effective administrative support, preferably within an HR or recruitment environment.
- Experienced working face to face or over the phone with customers.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Be confident and committed to working within a Te Ao Māori perspective and see our organisational values as integral to selection.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
Utu Ā-Tau | Salary
The mid-point for this role is $60,007 and the full range (85%-120%) is $51,006 - $72,008
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications close 5th October 2022
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Waikeria Recruitment - Recruitment Coordinator JD.pdf (PDF, 311KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.