Intern Psychologist - Waikato at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 6 or 12 Months fixed term (Commencing January or July 2023)
- Up to 6 Positions.
- Potential to be based at Hamilton, Tauranga, Waikeria Prison or Spring Hill Corrections Facility
- Open to Students currently studying PGDipPsych(Clin) or equivalent at New Zealand Universities
Mō te tūnga | About the role
There are various opportunities for Intern Psychologists working at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections) in the Waikato area. Reporting to the Manager Psychological Services you will assist the team to achieve positive outcomes. Embracing the scientist-practitioner framework, the team provides specialist clinical services focused on assisting individuals who have offended to develop the awareness and skills to reduce re-offending. Our team undertakes clinical assessment and treatment, provides supervision, advice, and training within Ara Poutama Aotearoa and allied agencies, provides specialist risk assessment to the NZ Parole Board and the Courts, and participates in a range of service initiatives including research projects. Our work across Ara Poutama Aotearoa sites gives this role ongoing clinical and professional variety, and a range of development opportunities.
As an Intern Psychologist you will be:
- Responsible for providing quality psychological services including clinical assessment, treatment, and referral to appropriate agencies where necessary
- Developing working relationships with other services, agencies and groups
- Reliable and committed to best practice approaches
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working in a collaborative professional environment
- Committed to beginning or progressing you career in a development focused service
In return we can offer you:
- A vibrant supportive team culture (comprised of other Psychologists)
- Career-long professional development and supervision
- An environment in which psychology informs organisational practices
- A competitive salary and structured advancement opportunities
- World class highly specialised criminal justice psychology training, mentoring and supervision
- A chance to work in culturally diverse region
- Flexible working
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The position is salaried for $79,751 per annum.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our Kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications close midnight Monday 2nd October.
If you want to find out more about this opportunity, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachment:||_Regional - Intern psychologist.pdf (PDF, 235KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.