Regional Internal Business Planning Lead- Te Manawa Taki Region- Regional Commissioning at Te Whatu Ora, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Contribute to transforming the future of health in this Lead role
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Based in Te Manawa Taki Region, see ad for details
Join Te Whatu Ora at a key time of change where you will meaningfully contribute to our kaupapa of creating a more equitable, accessible, cohesive and people-centred health system. This is mahi that will improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Aotearoa, and we've got an opportunity for you to be part of it…
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Pae Ora legislation gives us the mandate and opportunity to create a system of commissioning that has the needs of whānau and communities at its heart. In this new model, we are not ‘commissioners' holding the power. We are Te Tiriti o Waitangi partners and allies, we are listeners of diverse voices, we are holders of the space for communities and whānau to lead. We are a team of teams who live within and reflect the communities we serve.
We are responsible for designing community-based systems of care, agreeing health and wellbeing plans, executing those plans, and monitoring outcomes which then feed into the design process. We work in partnership with our Te Whatu Ora and Te Aka Whai Ora colleagues to shape system-wide public health services across the motu.
The Regional Internal Business Planning leads a small team of advisors responsible for the internal business planning functions for the Te Manawa Taki region including risk management, internal business planning and reporting.
The Lead will also hold a portfolio of work and will work closely with its regional colleagues and the Office of the National Director, Commissioning to ensure consistent systems and practices.
Day to day this could look like working on OIAs, PQs, Briefings, and reports, annual business plans, building relationships and implementing strong processes.
This role is based in the Te Manawa Taki Region which is made up of Waikato, Lakes, Bay of Plenty, Tairāwhiti and Taranaki. You will need to be based in the region with the ability to travel around the region as needed. Your location can be discussed at interview stage.
Mōu | About you
You are an experienced and confident Lead with strong business planning expertise, ideally in a public sector environment.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā weako | Skills and experience
- Experience providing people leadership function's staff/kaimahi, including managing the workload and prioritisation of kaimahi's work.
- Strong experience in planning, business process improvement, risk management and reporting.
- Experience supporting the Director in contributing to the function's work programme.
- Experience ensuring all business best practice, policies and procedures are well known and implemented.
- Experience and skilled in contributing advice and expertise on planning, business process improvement and risk
- Demonstrates a proven commitment to, and ability of, working in self-directed teams, and as part of a wider Team of Teams to achieve group/team objectives and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and anticipate the impact of decisions on long-term outcomes, including financial outcomes, and to develop/recommend responses in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Experience navigating and operating within the machinery of government or in a regulated environment
- A relevant tertiary or professional qualification.
Ka kawea e koe | You will bring:
- A commitment to being a good Te Tiriti partner in all your actions. This includes an understanding of the significance of and obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and the ability to apply Te Tiriti principles in a meaningful way in this role Mandatory
- Competency with te ao Māori, tikanga, and te reo Māori or a commitment to starting your journey and taking ownership of your learning and growth Mandatory
Ko te mahi e tika ana mō te ao hurihuri nei |Work that suits today's ever -changing world
Te Whatu Ora supports flexible and hybrid working for our kaimahi. In roles that don't require an in-person element, we encourage you to ‘work from where you are.' We want our national teams to be made up of diverse people from across the motu, just like our health system.
Nau mai, uru mai | Come and join us
When you join us, you become part of transforming the health system. This is a once in a life-time change,that will touch the lives of everyone in Aotearoa, and future generations.
Our name, Te Whatu Ora, means ‘the weaving of wellness'. Whatu is the combining together of people, resources, organisations, thoughts and actions for the betterment and wellbeing of all. Whatu is also a direct reference to the pupil of the eye, and the vision required of the new entity and system.
We are working towards a system that better meets the complex demands of a growing population, addresses the persistent inequalities experienced by Māori and ensures greater access, experience and outcomes for those traditionally not well served by the system – Māori, Pacific and Disabled People.
Tō mātou whakahaere ki te tika, te rerekētanga, me te whai wāhi mai | Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
We want to see the real you in your application and welcome the real you on board if you come and work with us. Skills are gained across many areas of our life, not just in formal employment. If you can demonstrate the skills listed in the ad, but the experience was gained through whānau life, community or mahi aroha (volunteering) we encourage you to apply and share your story with us in your cover letter.
We particularly welcome applications from our diverse Māori, Pacific, disabled, and rainbow communities.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||Regional Internal Business Planning Lead .pdf (PDF, 237KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.