Specialty Clinical Nurse at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Wairarapa, Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Upoko o Te Ika
Location: Wairarapa Hospital
Service: Acute Services
Contract: Fixed term for 2 years
Salary: Grade 3 Designated Senior Nurse
Vacancy Ref # 6206603
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for a Speciality Clinical Nurse (SCN) who will provide support to all staff on the floor to bring about practice improvements and enhance safety. The SCN has a delegated responsibility from the Charge Nurse Managers Acute Services to ensure that practise standards are evidence based and the nurses have the essential skills and knowledge to achieve best patient outcomes.
The SCN nurse provides specialised knowledge and expertise in acutely unwell and deteriorating patients. The purpose of the role:
- To provide consultation, advice, training and education to nursing staff while enabling the delivery of high quality specialist nursing across a variety of clinical areas.
- To provide direct specialist support and clinical expertise to nursing staff looking after an acutely ill patient.
- To provide a PM service to all inpatient wards at Wairarapa Hospital.
- To attend all 777 clinical emergencies (cardiac arrests and medical emergency team calls) in clinical and non-clinical areas.
- To provide leadership and support to ward staff during 777 clinical emergencies.
- To provide advice and intervention in support of the primary team and in collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- To assist in early review of at risk patients throughout the in hospital setting with an aim of preventing serious deterioration.
In addition this role contributes to development of pathways, protocols and guidelines in the specific area of practice. This role requires critical care knowledge which is clinically grounded in expert nursing knowledge.
This is a fixed term position for 2 years to cover the hours of 1445 – 2315hrs Monday to Sunday
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Patient at Risk (PAR) Service is nurse led team covering all wards seven days a week between the hours of 1445 and 2315hrs.
Moū - About you
You must be an experienced registered nurse who is able to demonstrate achievement of the competencies of a RN registered with the Nursing Council New Zealand, who holds an Expert
Portfolio or proficient, working towards the Expert portfolio; in addition post grad experience in an acute clinical setting such as ICU, HDU or the Emergency Department. Candidates who require full competency assessment need not apply.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
At Te Whatu Ora – Wairarapa, we're passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in our region so people and communities can thrive. Our mission is to improve, promote and protect the health status of the people of the Wairarapa, and the independent living of this with disabilities, by support and encouraging healthy choices.
Our teams plan, fund and provide an extensive range of healthcare services for the community within our hospital, through our primary care partners and other health care providers.
We challenge ourselves to be innovative and bold, while always prioritising quality, safe and improved care to support the Wairarapa to be well.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
For further information please contact Corrina Rooderkirk on (0276758502) – Charge Nurse Manager Acute Services.
To apply for this role, please visit Te Whatu Ora Wairarapa where you can also obtain a copy of the job description for this role.
This position will also be available via Kiwi Health and Trademe
Closing Date: Open
Te Whatu Ora Wairarapa employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including two primary doses and at least one booster. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.