Registered Midwives at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Wairarapa, Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Location: Wairarapa Hospital
Service: Maternity Services
Contract: Permanent, full time - Part Time
Salary: As per MERAS MECA dependant on experience
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Wairarapa commuinity.
Welcome to the Wairarapa Region. If it-s a lifestyle change you-re looking for, this is where you-ll find it. As well as very little traffic, and a friendly, relaxed community. Not to mention easy access to outdoor and cultural activities all year round. You-ll find plenty to refresh you outside work - and have more time to do it too.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
In this smaller unit, you-re a midwife, a support person, and an advocate for the women and babies in your care. You-ll understand the emotional highs and lows that come with this transformative time of their lives, and be able to develop a relationship where they trust and connect with you. This is a role for a midwife with high professional standards, who wants to provide a service you-re proud of. Working 80 hours per fortnight, we can discuss part-time options if required.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Wairarapa has a proven track record of developing innovative models of care through collaboration of primary and secondary health providers. Our maternity service provides care for women in the Wairarapa region with just under 500 births per annum. Midwives have the opportunity to work across their scope of practice by, providing care to ante and postnatal inpatients and working alongside their Midwife LMC colleagues to provide secondary intrapartum care.
Moū - About you
The ideal candidate will have:
- New Zealand Registered Midwife
- A current practising certificate with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand
- Evidence of recent effective, competent midwifery practice
- Ability to work effectively within a busy environment with competing demands
- Previous clinic roles obstetric and/or midwifery
- Good communication/interpersonal skills ensuring the ability to interact positively and enable cooperation/coordination between:
- women who use maternity services and their families/whanau
- all maternity practitioners
- Positive, enthusiastic and proactive manner that instils confidence in clients and colleagues
- Awareness of and sensitivity to individual and cultural differences
To learn more about the role, or for a friendly informal conversation please contact: Kirsty Mitchell, Charge Midwife Manager on Kirsty.Mitchell@wairarapa.dhb.org.nz +64 (6) 946-9800 ext. 4111 or (027) 675-5931.
Vacancy Ref # 6443894
Closing Date: Open until positions sucessfully appointed to
To apply please click on the 'Apply Now' tab.
To learn more about our hospital click-here www.wairarapa.dhb.org.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.