Registered Midwives Opportunities at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Wairarapa, Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Upoko o Te Ika
Location: Wairarapa Hospital
Service: Maternity Services
Contract: Permanent & Part-time /fixed term and/or locum (placements)
Salary: As per MERAs Meca, & dependant on experience
Vacancy Ref # 6528680
Permanent full/part time/fixed term Locum opportunities available!
Are you looking for a new adventure? would you like to join an enthusiastic and supportive team and community with a lifestyle second to none? We are a small secondary rural hospital focused on providing equitable women centred care with the opportunity to provide midwifery care across the scope.
If you are a Registered Midwife and want to be part of a dynamic and committed team of health workers providing an innovative approach to healthcare in a rural setting, and you are seeking a new challenge or to broaden your midwifery experience we may have the role for you!
What can we offer to help with your decision?
We are interested in what hours of work may suit you. We are happy to accommodate a range of options including Full Time or Part Time, permanent or Fixed Term, Locum placements, please tell us your preference!
An attractive relocation package including accommodation and travel assistance is available for both domestic and international successful candidates. Wairarapa Hospital also provides ongoing support to staff with further education and learning opportunities.
Moū - About you
The ideal candidate will have:
- New Zealand Registered Midwife
- A current practising certificate with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand
- Evidence of recent effective, competent midwifery practice
- Ability to work effectively within a busy environment with competing demands
- Previous clinic roles obstetric and/or midwifery
- Good communication/interpersonal skills ensuring the ability to interact positively and enable cooperation/coordination between:
- women who use maternity services and their families/whanau
- all maternity practitioners
- Positive, enthusiastic and proactive manner that instils confidence in clients and colleagues
- Awareness of and sensitivity to individual and cultural differences
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Wairarapa has a proven track record of developing innovative models of care through collaboration of primary and secondary health providers. Our maternity service provides care for women in the Wairarapa region with just under 500 births per annum. Midwives have the opportunity to work across their scope of practice by, providing care to ante and postnatal inpatients and working alongside their Midwife LMC colleagues to provide secondary intrapartum care.
To learn more about the role, or for a friendly informal conversation please contact: Kirsty Mitchell, Charge Midwife Manager on Kirsty.Mitchell@wairarapa.dhb.org.nz +64 (6) 946-9800 ext. 4111 or (027) 675-5931.
To apply for this role, please visit Te Whatu Ora Wairarapa where you can also obtain a copy of the job description for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Wairarapa
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.