Alcohol & Drug Coordinator - Permanent at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We currently have a permanent opportunities for experienced coordinators to join our Alcohol and Drug Testing team. If you have enthusiasm, dedication, motivation, skills, flexibility and professionalism then this could be just the opportunity you are looking. And join an join our team at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections).
Our staff come from different backgrounds, cultures, education and experience - and together their purpose is to motivate people in our care to make positive changes in their lives, to help make our communities safer.
In this role you will be responsible for the electronic monitoring of select offenders or defendants in the community, who are subject to abstinence conditions. And liaising with the Community Probation sites and AOD testing provider to book and coordinate tests.
The role accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and respond to notifications/alerts related to offender/defendant Alcohol Detection Anklets.
- Provide high quality, accurate and timely advice to all stakeholders within legislative boundaries.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders for all suspected or confirmed non-compliance to ensure the safety of the community.
- Work closely with our electronic monitoring partner, Attenti, Probation Officers and other key stakeholders to report to and respond to instances of non-compliance.
- Coordinate AOD testing with Community Corrections staff.
- Record test results in IOMS and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
What you will bring to the role:
- Understanding of the requirement to maintain confidentiality of information and the requirements of the Privacy Act.
- Experience in the use of computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated experience providing timely and accurate advice and guidance in a potentially high pressure/high risk environment.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures to work effectively.
- Attention to detail in order to ensure accuracy of information.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of the operations of either Community Probation would be beneficial.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us by Iwi and conveys the responsibility we have to support and guide those in our care to reach their potential. Our strategy, Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5), provides a clear direction of travel - one that builds on the good things that are already happening, and, most importantly, how we can innovate to find new ways of doing things to achieve better outcomes for Māori, whānau and communities.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, submit your tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for wanting to join Ara Poutama and highlighting your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this role.
It is an exciting time and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Attachment:||Coordinator AODT.pdf (PDF, 139KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.