Casual Supervisor - Te Korowai - Upper Hutt at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Casual Opportunity
- Upper Hutt Location
- $23 per hour
The Supervisor is part of a team providing supervision and monitoring of residents within a residential setting while ensuring the smooth day to day running of the facility to the standards required as determined by legislation and the rules established for the residence.
The Supervisor position requires the incumbent to contribute to the development of work and life skills by organising residents to assist with daily tasks. This role works on a 24/7 roster pattern including night shift work. Specifically, the duties of the Supervisor include:
- day to day oversight and management of residents,
- ensuring the welfare of residents, staff and visitors,
- responding to emergency or incident situations in the residence,
- assisting the men with re-integrative activities in order to better support them to transition back in to the community
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working with challenging individuals in a residential setting
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of individuals with high risk and/or complex needs
- Awareness about the privacy legislation with an operational understanding of how this translates to management of residents' information
- Knowledgeable about the complexities and issues related to high risk offending
- Awareness of the cultural, political and social environment in Corrections Services delivery
- Able to maintain a broad range of key relationships including a network of professional and community contacts
- Adept at influencing and encouraging others to gain commitment and support for views, actions and recommendations and to effectively manage the resolution of conflicts
- Well developed problem solving skills
- Effective communicator and skilled in motivating and encouraging others to strive to achieve
- Demonstrated ability to act in a collaborative manner and contribute as an effective and supportive member of a team.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 8 December 2021, all people working inside prisons will be required to be fully vaccinated as part of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. People in prison are some of the most vulnerable to COVID-19 and due to the ease of transmission, extending the Vaccination Order supports the safety and wellbeing of our staff and people in prison.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In line with our Strategy Hōkai Rangi , we are prioritising applications from people who have experience in a Kaupapa Māori or Pasifika environment and/or a willingness to learn. Please highlight any relevant experience and/or language skills in your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Position type:||Casual (Vaccination Req)|
|Attachment:||JD - Supervisor_Te Korowai.docx (Word, 57KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.