Safety & Wellbeing Capability Adviser at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
People & Capability covers a wide range of functions, focused on keeping our communities safe and changing lives. Everyone safe and well every day - we promote and enable outstanding worker health, safety and wellbeing outcomes. Our people include staff, offenders and our wider communities.
The primary purpose of this position is to effectively design specialist health, safety and wellbeing capability programmes for frontline staff, managers and leaders throughout the organisation to enable a continued improvement in the department's improving health, safety and wellbeing culture and performance.
This is a 12 month fixed term role covering an internal secondment.
Mōu | About you
You'll have proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology and an excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models with lesson and curriculum planning skills.
It is essential that you have a qualification in adult learning, instructional design, training or facilitation or equivalent experience and desirable that you have a recognised health and safety qualification or relevant experience.
National travel for course delivery and development may sometimes be required so a current full drivers' licence is essential.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of course development software and ideally Learning Management Systems
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively at all levels, in both written and verbal format
- Experience of establishing and maintaining organisational relationships and building consensus in support of health and safety initiatives
- Proven experience in the effective delivery of learning and development/capability building programmes, preferably in a health and safety environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire and engage participants in the learning process to translate learning to changes in thinking and behaviour, using a variety of training techniques
- Confident, credible manner and presentation style
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with groups from a range of different backgrounds and levels of responsibility
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Some understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and associated legislation
- An understanding (or an openness to developing an understanding) of the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to the work of government departments
- Strong level of cultural capability and awareness, able to work effectively with diverse groups of people
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
The mid-point salary for this particular role is $78,130 depending on skills and experience.
Applications will on close on Sunday 5 December 2021.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Position type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Category:||Workplace Health and Safety|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.